Terms of Sale
These Terms of Sale (the “Agreement”) constitute a legally binding agreement by and between FIG TREE WINERY, LLC (“FIG TREE WINERY”) and you (“You” or “Your”). By placing an order with FIG TREE WINERY, You represent and warrant that You have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, this Agreement.
- ELIGIBILITY YOU MUST BE TWENTY-ONE YEARS OR OLDER TO PURCHASE AND RECEIVE WINE FROM FIG TREE WINERY. ALL DELIVERIES MUST BE SIGNED FOR, AND ACCEPTED BY, A PERSON TWENTY-ONE YEARS OR OLDER. PROOF OF AGE IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF DELIVERY. BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH FIG TREE WINERY, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. Any individual placing on order on behalf of a third-party further represents and warrants that they are authorized to act and enter into contracts on behalf of that third-party. This Agreement is void where prohibited.
- CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT FIG TREE WINERY reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time upon notice to You, to be given by the posting of a new version or a change notice on the Website. It is Your responsibility to review this Agreement periodically.
- CANCELLATIONS Orders may not be cancelled once they have been shipped.
- TITLE Title on all alcohol passes to the buyer at the time of purchase in the state of Maryland. If you require that your alcohol be shipped, you authorize FIG TREE WINERY to engage a common carrier to deliver the alcohol on your behalf. IF YOU CHOOSE TO SHIP YOUR ALCOHOL TO A NON-RECIPROCAL STATE, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR COMPLYING WITH YOUR STATE’S LAWS REGARDING ALCOHOL SHIPMENTS.
By arranging for transportation of the alcohol, we are providing a service to, and acting on behalf of you. By utilizing this service from us, you are representing that you are acting in compliance with your local and state laws regarding the purchase, transportation and delivery of alcohol. You further represent that you have obtained any required permission, paid any required fees, are working through properly licensed intermediaries where required, are legally entitled to take possession of alcohol, are legally entitled to take quantities ordered and that you and the person accepting delivery of the alcohol are at least 21 years of age. All returns must be made in accordance with Maryland law, and returns across state lines are not permitted.
FIG TREE WINERY makes no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import alcohol into any state outside of Maryland. The Buyer is solely responsible for the shipment of alcohol and is responsible for any loss or damage to goods once they have left our premises. By placing an order, you authorize FIG TREE WINERY to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your order to you.
- IN-STATE SALES All wines must be paid for in full prior to delivery. Maryland residents are responsible for all shipping costs, including insurance (as applicable) and federal, state or local taxes, duties, or fees. For all orders delivered in-state, the then current local County Sales Tax Rate at the Address of Delivery will be applied to all orders at the time of delivery. Maryland residents are solely responsible for the shipment of wines and for any loss or damage to the wines once they have left FIG TREE WINERY’s warehouse. By placing an order with FIG TREE WINERY, You thereby authorize FIG TREE WINERY to act on Your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver Your order to You.
- OUT-OF-STATE SALES
The following terms and conditions apply to non-Maryland residents or to Maryland residents who wish to have their purchases shipped out-of-state:
Regardless of the customer’s state of residence, all purchases (except for food, which is non-taxable) must be delivered out-of-state or the then current local County sales tax rate at the Maryland Address of Delivery will be applied to the purchase price.
FIG TREE WINERY makes no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside of Maryland.
You are solely responsible for the shipment of wines and for any loss or damage to the wines once they have left FIG TREE WINERY’s warehouse.
By placing an order with FIG TREE WINERY, you thereby authorize FIG TREE WINERY to act on Your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver Your order to You.
If You direct FIG TREE WINERY to deliver Your purchase to a freight forwarder or common-carrier engaged by You, You acknowledge that You require such goods to be shipped out-of-state. You are solely responsible for FIG TREE WINERY receiving proof that such goods were shipped out of the State of Maryland. Such proof of out-of-state shipment must be in the form of a bill of lading or other evidence as FIG TREE WINERY deems sufficient in its sole discretion.
If FIG TREE WINERY does not receive such proof of shipment out-of-state within ninety (90) days of the date of a final invoice delivered to buyer, FIG TREE WINERY reserves the right to apply Maryland sales tax to the purchase price and charge buyer’s account for such amounts.
You acknowledge and agree that various states impose limitation on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdictions without requiring the purchaser, the seller, or the shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. FIG TREE WINERY, as a condition of sale, assumes no obligation and bears no responsibility whatsoever for applying for or obtaining any such permits or licenses. FIG TREE WINERY DISCLAIMS, AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME, ALL OBLIGATION AND RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR APPLYING FOR OR OBTAINING ANY SUCH PERMITS OR LICENSES. Therefore, You are strongly advised to investigate such licensing requirements and limitations and to determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages may lawfully be brought into states other than Maryland. You are responsible for all applicable excise, use and sales taxes and fees due to Your state stemming from Your purchase from FIG TREE WINERY of any taxable goods.
If a Maryland shipping address is not immediately available, or FIG TREE WINERY is otherwise unable to promptly deliver Your shipment to You in Maryland, FIG TREE WINERY reserves the right, in FIG TREE WINERY’s sole discretion, to charge You reasonable storage and insurance fees. All such charges must be paid in full prior to delivery.
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS FIG TREE WIENRY attempts to be as accurate as possible in its product and pricing information; however, FIG TREE WINERY cannot guarantee that product descriptions and/or specifications, pricing or any other content are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. In the event that information is incorrect due to typographical, informational, technical or other errors, FIG TREE WINERY will not be liable for any loss or discrepancy with accurate data.
- PRODUCT PRICING Occasionally, despite our best efforts to be accurate, a product may appear on the website or offer of FIG TREE WINERY with an inaccurate price. If a product’s correct price is higher than the stated the price, FIG TREE WINERY will, at FIG TREE WINERY’s sole discretion, either contact You for instructions before shipping or cancel Your order and notify You of such cancellation. Except as otherwise noted, the suggested retail price displayed for a product represents the retail price suggested by the producer, importer or distributor–such information acquired directly from the producer, importer or distributor or as stated on a reputable website or publication. Such a price may also be estimated in accordance with industry practice or be the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. FIG TREE WINERY cannot guarantee that such information is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES; DISCLAIMERS a) Representations and Warranties. FIG TREE WINERY represents and warrants that: (1) for all wines purchased by You from FIG TREE WINERY, FIG TREE WINERY has good title to the wines and the transfer of FIG TREE WINERY’s title in and to the wines shall be free and clear of liens, claims, or encumbrances; and (2) to FIG TREE WINERY’s reasonable knowledge, without independent investigation thereof, the wine that You purchase from FIG TREE WINERY is the wine identified and described by the bottle’s label. b) DISCLAIMERS. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, FIG TREE WINERY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. THE WINES AND OTHER PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM FIG TREE WINERY ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” BECAUSE WINE, BY ITS NATURE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE BOTTLE OVER TIME, FIG TREE WINERY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTY OF THE QUALITY OR DRINKABILITY OF ANY WINE SOLD. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FIG TREE WINERY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE WINES AND OTHER PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM FIG TREE WINERY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. c) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.THE LIABILITY OF FIG TREE WINERY IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL FIG TREE WINERY BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES OR OF ANY ADVICE OR NOTICE GIVEN TO FIG TREE WINERY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF WINE OR OTHER PRODUCTS FROM FIG TREE WINERY. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION. ADDITIONALLY, IN THE EVENT THAT FIG TREE WINERY IS UNABLE TO MEET ITS OBLIGATIONS TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, FIG TREE WINERY’S SOLE OBLIGATION, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, WILL BE FOR FIG TREE WINERY TO REFUND TO YOU THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE. d) APPLICATION.THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT IN ANY WAY LIMIT ANY OTHER DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND FIG TREE WINERY. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNLESS LIMITED OR MODIFIED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM FIG TREE WINERY OR OTHERWISE SHALL ALTER ANY OF THE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS STATED IN THIS SECTION.
- INDEMNIFICATION You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless FIG TREE WINERY and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, sublicensees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings, including but not limited to legal costs and attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to: (i) Your breach of any representation or warranty contained in this Agreement; or (ii) Your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, federal, state or local law or regulation.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION & VENUE This Agreement, including without limitation this Agreement’s interpretation, shall be treated as though this Agreement were executed and performed in Maryland, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without regard to its conflict of law principles. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. THE PROPER VENUE FOR ANY JUDICIAL ACTION ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN OR NEAREST TO SAN FRANCISCO, MARYLAND. THE PARTIES HEREBY STIPULATE TO, AND AGREE TO WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO, THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS, AND FURTHER EXPRESSLY SUBMIT TO EXTRATERRITORIAL SERVICE OF PROCESS.
- GENERAL This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between FIG TREE WINERY and You concerning Your purchase of wine or other products from FIG TREE WINERY. This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of FIG TREE WINERY. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. This Agreement and all of Your rights and obligations hereunder will not be assignable or transferable by You without the prior written consent of FIG TREE WINERY. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. You and FIG TREE WINERY are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. The headings in this Agreement are for the purpose of convenience only and shall not limit, enlarge, or affect any of the covenants, terms, conditions or provisions of this Agreement.